Precaliber 24 8-Speed is a classic kids' bike with great style, performance, and durability. It has the simplicity of an 8-speed drivetrain and intuitive twist shift that makes it easy for kids to ride varied terrain. Plus, the strong yet lightweight aluminum frame stands up to even the roughest riders. For kids ages 8-12, between 51-59-inches tall.
It's right for you if...
Your kid loves to explore, and you want them to have a quality ride for all their road, path, or trail adventures. They're ready to upgrade from a singlespeed for a little extra help on hills and longer rides, but they don't need a ton of gears just yet.
The tech you get
A strong, lightweight aluminum frame that will stand up to whatever your youngster dishes out, with simple and reliable Shimano 8-speed shifting that makes it easy to climb hills. Plus, it has a kickstand, and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for an integrated taillight mount.
The final word
Whether your kids are riding to school, racing around the neighborhood with friends, or tagging along on family rides, Precaliber 24 8-speed features the quality parts they need to ride with confidence and stay in control.
Why you'll love it
- Intuitive twist shift makes it easy for kids to switch gears when their terrain changes
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount to boost visibility on family adventures and solo excursions
- This bike is hand-me-down heaven: it's built to last, so younger siblings can inherit this bike and it'll still feel like new
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- You shouldn't buy your kid's bike where you buy your cereal—Unlike big box brands, Trek kids' bikes are assembled by people who know bikes
|Frame||Alpha Silver aluminum, rack and kickstand mounts, replaceable derailleur hanger, 135x5mm QR|
|Fork||Steel, 24", threadless 1-1/8" steerer|
|Headset||Adjustable ball bearing, threadless|
|Rims/Wheels||24" 32-hole alloy|
Front: Steel, 100mm bolt-on
Rear: Steel, 8-speed, 135mm bolt-on
|Spokes||14g stainless steel|
|Tires||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27TPI, 24x2.25"|
|Crankset||ProWheel alloy, 152mm length|
|Chainrings||32T steel ring w/double guard|
|Bottom Bracket||Square taper, 68mm, sealed cartridge|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tourney TX80|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SunRace MFM56l, 13-34, 8-speed|
|Shifters||Shimano RS45 Tourney|
|Handlebars||Steel, 40mm rise|
|Tape/Grips||Kids' grip, 125mm width|
|Stem||Bontrager approved alloy, 25.4mm clamp, 15 degree rise, 60mm|
|Brake Levers||Kids' alloy|
|Pedals||Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread|
|Saddle||Kid's padded, integrated seatpost, with handle|
|Accessories & Extras||Kickstand|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Magenta / 24-inch||601842130926||585247||20T3459775A|